Why not call us BEFORE disaster strikes?
Technology is a great tool for getting business done quicker and easier. But because you’re so dependent on your IT system, even something like a short-term power outage or disk drive failure can bring things to a grinding halt.
You might think that you have potential problems minimized or eliminated, but what about those things that are beyond your control? Things like electric power and telecommunications, which can’t be guaranteed by their respective companies.
While no one can plan for every disaster, you should do all that you can to minimize the risk of system and service unavailability to your business. ACT will work with your organization to develop a reliable and effective Business Continuity Plan which will help you rapidly recover in a disaster situation.
Your Business Continuity Plan will include:
- Risk Assessment: Every employee uses different resources during the day, which is why each resource needs to be identified and their potential for failure ascertained. Only then can a successful recovery plan be put into place in case the worst happens.
- Identification of Preventive Controls: Since preventing a disaster is a much better scenario than recovering from one, the implementation of preventive controls is the most important stage of the disaster recovery plan. Potential problems are identified and corrected where possible. Single points of failure are identified and eliminated, or at the very least, monitored and strengthened.
- Design and Building of the Business Continuity Infrastructure: The design and implementation of the disaster recovery (DR) infrastructure utilizes our Business Impact Analysis in conjunction with industry best practices to design a technical and procedural solution that ensures your business keeps running in the event of a disaster.
- Plan Testing and Maintenance: Finding out your contingency plans weren’t up to snuff during a disaster is nearly as bad as not having a plan at all. We believe that testing and maintaining the contingency plan is vital to ensuring things operate as smoothly as possible during, and after an incident.
Do you need a quick solution to a technical problem?
With our live remote-assistance tool, a member of our support team can view your desktop and share control of your mouse and keyboard to get you on your way to a solution.
How to Get Support
A member of our support team will talk with you first to determine the nature of the problem.
You will find the answers to security questions and system configuration requirements on our FAQ page. You can also view a demonstration of a screen-sharing session.
How It Works
- Step 1: Once you are on the phone with a member of our support team, they will guide you through the process of remotely connecting to your computer.
- Step 2: You are prompted to download a small virus-free plug-in.
- Step 3: With your permission, your support representative can view your screen and share control of your mouse and keyboard.
- Step 4: You are in full control of your computer at all times. You always have overriding control of your mouse and keyboard, and you can end the screen-sharing session at any time.